- Manicure – regular painting techniques, French manicure, hand massage and warm oil/paraffin wax application.
- Pedicure – Including foot scrub, foot massage and luxury spa pedicures.
- Facial and Skin Care – Incorporating massage, mixing and application of face masques, steaming and extraction and product knowledge.
- Waxing – using both hot wax and strip methods.
- Eyelash and eyebrow services – including eyelash and eyebrow tinting and shaping.
- Introduction to Basic Make-up application.
- Electrical Facial Treatments – including Micro-current – Non surgical lift, Vacuum suction, Galvanic and Faradic E.M.S. machines.
- Causes of Hair Problems
- Structure & Dynamics of Skin and Hair
- Hygiene & Sterilisation
- Principles of Electricity
- Electrolysis Hair Removal
- Thermolysis Hair Removal
- Blend Hair Removal
- Dermatology, Skin Diseases & Disorders
- Treatment Procedures
- Safety Precautions
- First Aid
- Professional Techniques
- All Methods of Hair Removal, Temporary & Permanent
- Anatomy & Physiology
Electrical Epilation must be completed in order to progress on to laser programme.
Body Therapy Diploma
- Swedish Body Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Figure Analysis
- Electrical Body Treatments – including Micro-current, Vacuum Suction, Galvanic, Faradic E.M.S. (‘Stendertone’), G5 massage, infra-red (pre massage warming treatment) and Audio sonic (sound-wave pain-relief).
- Additional training in advanced Massage Techniques.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the entire body
- Client Consultation
- Record Keeping
- Contraindications to therapies
- Retail Sales
- Foundational Salon Management
- Product Knowledge
- Diet and Nutrition
- Basic First Aid
On successful completion of the course, students will receive 6 individual qualifications.
- CIBTAC Aesthetic Treatments Diploma
- CIBTAC Electrical Epilation
- CIBTAC Body Therapy Diploma
- Certificate in Indian Head Massage
- Certificate in Hot Stone Massage
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty qualification course is 18 years. There is no upper age limit.
- A high level of English is required. You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this demanding beauty therapy course.
- An informal face-to-face interview is required to discuss the course in detail.
Deposit of €3000. Balance of €5300 to be paid by 1st June 2019.
Monday to Friday : 9.30am – 4.30pm
Please note that these days are subject to change and extra hours could be allocated on another day depending on class requirements.
Course commences September 2019 and will run for a duration of 8 months.
Student College salon hours commencing from January-May 2020.
This is a Unique module to COCO College of Beauty Therapy. The only college which will provide students with direct access to real clients, giving them an immediate advantage at graduation.