Core knowledge of electromagnetic spectrum; protons; light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation Laser and Intense Pulse Light (IPL). The difference between Laser and Intense Pulse Light – light therapy, and methods of applications for hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments.
The anatomy and physiology of integumentary, endocrine, circulatory and lymphatic system in relation to light therapy treatments.
You will learn how to prepare and demonstrate Laser and Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatments including: preparation of the therapist, client, working area, full consultation, tissue analysis & fitzpatrick scale, contraindications, aftercare advice, clinical outcome, clinical side effects, full treatment protocol, recording and evaluation of the treatment – all in compliance with Laser and IPL local rules and legislations procedure.
You will learn how to perform skin rejuvenation treatments including:
- Skin rejuvenation treatments that improve the appearance of all visible signs of aging caused by sun damage such as brown spots (pigmentation), redness (thread veins), uneven skin texture and lines & wrinkles.
- Pigment removal: Pigmented lesions such as sun spots and freckles can be successfully removed creating a more flawless, youthful and glowing appearance.
- Red Vein removal: Long term solution for facial problems such as red flushing (Rosacea), reducing superficial telangiectasia, treating spider naevi and Campbell De Morgan spots (blood spots).
- Acne: Greatly reduces the number and severity of active lesions, lessening the inflammation (by speeding up the healing process) and the frequency of break-outs.
Underpinning knowledge will be delivered by lectures. Practical knowledge will be fully achieved during your clinical practice which will be arranged with your tutor. The Salon has a large database of clients; should you wish to accelerate the assessment process then family & friends may be introduced to come in for treatments (at a special reduced rate). Students have to come in prepared for clinical practice days as advised by the tutor and must strictly adhere to our guideline policy.
Internal Test Question Paper: Demonstrating knowledge for hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments.
Assignments: Written questions demonstrating your underpinning knowledge for each unit and must be word processed.
Ranges: Indicate what must be covered practically as part of observation and must be competently achieved – all ranges must be covered. For hair removal a minimum of 10 practical treatments are needed to cover all the essential ranges. For skin rejuvenation approximately 10 practical treatments are needed to cover all the essential ranges.
Observations: 3 observations of practical assessments for hair removal and 3 observations of practical assessments for skin rejuvenation.
CIBTAC in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light Treatments.
Inclusive of Four Mandatory Units:
- Management of health, safety and security in the salon.
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries.
- Laser and light treatments for hair removal.
- Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation.
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty qualification course is 18 years. There is no upper age limit.
- Beauty therapy diploma in facials, skincare and waxing required.
- A high level of English is required. You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- An informal face-to-face interview is required to discuss the course in detail.
Deposit of €1500 to confirm place. Balance of €1850 to be paid before course commences.
Part Time from September 2019
Course Delivery Times: One day a week 9:30-4:30
Course Duration: 8 Months
Please note that these days are subject to change and extra hours could be allocated on another day depending on class requirements.
Student College salon hours commencing from January-May 2020.
This is a Unique module to COCO College of Beauty Therapy. The only college which will provide students with direct access to real clients, giving them an immediate advantage at graduation.